Advice is always free; we only ask that you allow us to put your question and our response (with your identity omitted) in a post to this website. Please note: Even though we are brand new, we already receive a high volume of requests for advice. We will respond to as many as we can, but expect it to take a week or two.
Here is your chance to tell your story and ask a question. A few tips for asking a question that will get the response you want:
- Introduce yourself and your situation clearly. Tell us who you are, what your goal is, and what the specific problem is. Even if you link us to your OKCupid profile, we’re not going to share that with our readers, so describe yourself in text.
- Details, details, details. Tell is a (short) story that is specific to you. There are some general life situations that generate good responses, but the more specific you are, the better we can target our advice to you.
- Have a problem or a question, but make it one that someone besides god, your mother, or your therapist is capable of answering. We don’t know everything about you, and we can’t answer the big existential questions for you.
- End your message with a clearly stated question, such as, “How do I get my boyfriend to have sex with me as often as I want to have sex with him?” or “Should I move across the country to be with this woman I have only met online?”
- Give us a few days or a few weeks. We have a lot of questions to tackle, which we love!
If you prefer, call us and leave voicemail message in our inbox at (504) 383-4110.